Ebusiness consultant training and accreditation
Course curriculum and support
Our ebusiness accreditation course is a 4-day course covering the essential processes and knowledge that an ebusiness consultant needs to know. It's not for techoes but for anyone who wants to add the ebusiness consulting string to their bow.
Read the details on this page or download the booklet (version 2 - PDF 342KB):
- Training agenda
- Website benchmarking database reports and data
- License to use WSC products and intellectual property
- On-going professional development and support
- Directory listing
- Accreditation certificate
- Additional training and support
- Annual re-accreditation
The core accreditation training is conducted over four days, 9am – 5pm, either side of a weekend – ie Thursday/Friday - Monday/Tuesday.
The course is offered in February, April, June, August, October and December. Dates are determined according to demand and venue availability. Please see the website for the latest details.
The location of the training is subject to demand and venue availability. Please see the website for the latest details.
The four-day training course will be conducted by Steven Smith and will cover topics that are core to ebusiness consulting and can be put into practice immediately with your clients. The workshops will be a mixture of tutorial and presentation, illustrated by examples and case studies. There will be plenty of opportunity for interaction.
Ebusiness management advice
1. Defining ebusiness and the life cycle process.
2. Researching and developing a client’s ebusiness plan and online strategy.
3. Advising client’s on e-commerce models and approaches.
Ebusiness reviews and evaluations
4. Evaluating a client’s website and use of the Internet.
5. Benchmarking a client’s website and showing them where and how to improve it.
Ebusiness planning and development
6. Researching and writing a website (re-)development brief.
7. Optimising content on a client’s website to improve Google ranking.
8. Web 2.0 - if, how and when to use blogs, forums, Facebook, Twitter.
Managing your ebusiness consultancy business
9. Promoting your consultancy services and accreditation – eg via your website, writing proposals, enewsletter
10. Working together, using the resources and sharing ideas.
The training fee includes a course manual (though most of the material is online in our extranet) and normal catering arrangements - plenty of coffee!
Participants need to meet any cost involved in attending the training - eg travel, accommodation, parking.
Our website benchmarking database is a unique and powerful tool for evaluating and ranking websites. We will provide benchmarking database reports at $175 per report – a discount of $120. WSC accredited ebusiness consultants can charge their clients the recommended fee for these reports.
- documents – eg templates, sample documents, fact sheets
- methods – eg how to research users’ needs, how to evaluate clients’ websites
- research – eg best-practice data from our benchmarking project, the content of the book Living Websites.
On-going professional development and support
The monthly fee not only gives accredited ebusiness consultants discounts on benchmarking reports for their clients, but also:
- access to all new templates and sample documents
- an enewsletter containing latest trends and hints and tips – eg new findings from the benchmarking database
- a blog for accredited consultants to share ideas
- password access to an extranet for easy access to the latest versions of all documents and templates.
WSC will list accredited ebusiness consultants on its website.
We are constantly promoting WSC nationally in order to develop the brand further and raise recognition of WSC in key markets. The WSC logo that appears on consultants’ business cards, websites and proposals needs to convey confidence in the brand and be recognised in key markets.
Everyone satisfactorily completing the four-day training course receives a certificate of ebusiness consulting accreditation and the logo in electronic form for inclusion on their website, proposals, reports and stationery.
Additional training and accreditation is available to accredited ebusiness consultants for an additional fee. The additional courses would be held over one or two days on the following topics.
- Online marketing plans • User testing - conducting and reporting
- Writing for the Web
- Selecting Web developers
- Project-managing website developments • Workshop presenting – how to deliver workshops on ebusiness
- Running a successful consultancy business – management, marketing, how to win work.
For an additional fee, accredited consultants can seek mentoring and support in areas such as:
- advice on how to promote yourself
- feedback on your proposals, reports and presentations
- advice on undertaking consultancies – eg how to go about a difficult website evaluation
- support at interviews with potential clients.
Annual re-accreditation training is required to maintain accreditation. This is a two-day course that must be undertaken within two months after each 12 month period has expired. Apart from up-skilling, it provides an opportunity for accredited consultants to network, share their experiences, tools and resources.
Course Executive Summary (PDF 338KB) - the benefits to you, course outline and booking form.